Alright, for real this time – you are going to go live. You are going to hit that button and talk directly to your audience.
Going live without anything to say, can be.. erm… uh… awkward, to say the least.
But the truth is, going live is one of the fastest ways to build a relationship with your audience. It’s a great opportunity to connect with your audience and show them your brand personality. If we zoom out of our businesses that exist purely on the Internet, and remember what it was like before we lived and breathed social media marketing… you might remember the good ol’ fashioned in-person networking luncheons or meetups. You’d shake hands, introduce yourself, and make eye contact. The other person would be able to judge, instantaneously, if you were trustworthy or not.
This is a huge element that’s missing from MOST online businesses. We aren’t looking at our audiences. We aren’t helping them to feel seen. I personally believe and have seen great success from very intentional livestreaming. I’m a person that greatly values quality over quantity, and I would much rather have a full book of happy clients than 10,000 followers on Instagram – just sayin’.
I wanted to share my top ideas for livestream topic and ideas to help you on your content planning journey, and help you begin to think in terms of livestreaming first.
INTERVIEW A GUEST EXPERT:
Great for relationship building and also maximizing your influence. When you’re first getting started in business, if you don’t have a huge list or a massive following, leaning on others for “borrowed authority” is a great place to start. You simply ask them interview-style questions, and rely on them to do the talking. Here are the questions that I typically asks guests:
- Tell me a little bit about your business and who you serve, and at what levels?
- How did you get started and what were you doing before starting your business?
- How did you feel when you were starting your business?
- What have been some of your biggest challenges in running your own business?
- Tell me about your current marketing strategy – where are most of your clients coming from? Do your high-end clients come from the same place as your digital product and group program clients?
- What are some of the times you’ve pivoted in business and what did that look like for you?
- What are the common struggles you see with your clients – have you noticed any similar themes that many online business owners struggle with?
- What advice do you have for someone who is just getting started with business?
- What are the biggest differences you’ve seen between small business owners who are just getting started and those that are running 6-7 figure businesses?
- How has your business added to your personal happiness level?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do your prospective clients or existing clients typically ask you the same group of questions? That’s a great topic for livestream.
LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER:
What is your setup for the work that you do for clients? Show us what your onboarding process looks like, or how to help clients get results – walk us through the entire client experience so that we can get an accurate image of what it looks like to work together.
Do you ever receive fun mail from your clients, your coaches or companies? Sharing an unboxing video of something like a subscription box or a client gift can be a fun way to mix up your livestreams.
BEHIND THE SCENES CONTENT:
Do you have a new project you’re working on? Or decorating your office? Or filming a video for a new offer? Show us your set up, your tasks and what YOU’RE seeing while working on this project.
ASK ME ANYTHING:
This is such a great concept for creating content – but it can be tricky if you don’t expect people to show up with you live. A great way to do this is to prep a few questions in advance, so that if you’re alone on the livestream at any point, you’re not awkwardly waiting for people to join you and actually ask a question.
HOW-TO AND TIPS FOR YOUR AUDIENCE:
What have you learned as an insider of your business? Think through different demos, how-tos and tricks of the trade that you can teach your audience.
A DAY IN THE LIFE STYLE VIDEO:
Do you work from sun up to sun down? Do you have a special morning routine? Do you take a break for lunch and go hang out with your kids? People love reality shows, create your own!
LIVE VIDEO AT LIVE EVENTS:
There is no better live video to create than one featuring the energy and inspiration behind a live event. Show us who is around you, what you’re seeing, what you’re learning and of course, your biggest event takeaways.
WALKTHROUGH OF YOUR PROCESSES:
Have you ironed out your design process? Your writing style or your content creation process? Someone out there needs to see it, either to be inspired by you or to learn that you’re the provider that they can trust.
Do you have feelings about something? GOOD! Strong feelings? Even better. When you can create polarizing content, where people either side with you OR against you, it’s a huge win for the content game.
AN INDUSTRY RECAP:
What’s happening in the biz? Are there headlines to share? New software updates you’re excited about? Statistics to share – tell us!
SHARE YOUR CHALLENGES:
In the name of authenticity, tell us where you’ve struggled. I’ve cried on video talking about the loneliness of being a work at home mom and a solopreneur and I was FLOODED with personal messages of people saying “Me too.”. You never know who’s connecting with your message or who you might be inspiring.
SHARE YOUR ORIGIN STORY:
How did you get started? What steps got you from there to here?
HIGHLIGHT NEW PRODUCTS:
Creating something new? Show us!
HOST A MASTERCLASS/WEBINAR
If you’re in the mood for a bit longer livestream, you can share your screen with slides and teach!
OFFER A TIP ABOUT YOUR INDUSTRY
What insider knowledge have you learned over the years from your industry?
LIVE CASE STUDY
Have you gotten great results for a client? Tell us about them. (Bonus points for visuals!)
HOST A GIVEAWAY
People love a giveaway – it’s a great way to encourage social sharing and viral growth, too.
HIGHLIGHT A PIECE OF YOUR FAVORITE CONTENT
Have you created something you really love? An ebook or a blog post (or something else you can give away as an optin?) Walk us through it live!
SHARE A STORY ABOUT A LESSON YOU’VE LEARNED
We learn lessons every day, am I right? Tell us a story about a lesson you’ve learned, and walk us through the entire experience. What did that look like for you? How did you find yourself crossing the bridge and coming through to the other side of the awareness that you now have?
POST A BOOK REVIEW
This is one of the easiest ways to start going live – did you recently read a book and have “A-HA!” moments while reading it? Share those with your audience.
OFFER A HOT SEAT SESSION
Coach, consultant or leader? Show us how you would walk through auditing a clients design or funnel, coach someone live, or consult them on their project via livestream. It’s a great way to show your expertise and gain trust.
RUN A FLASH SALE
Do you have something to sell or need a cash injection? Doing a livestream talking about a flash sale you’re running is a great way to bring in business.
SHARE A DIY TRAINING ON HOW TO DO WHAT YOU DO
Don’t shy away from these because you think someone won’t hire you because they know the magician’s secret. To be honest, this is a great way to demonstrate your knowledge and solidify your role as the trusted advisor.
COMPLETE A LIVE AUDIT
Can you review a piece of a client’s business live? Of course you can!
PLAY A GAME (HTTPS://WWW.LIVEREACTING.COM/FACEBOOK-LIVE-TRIVIA-GAME):
Want to have some fun on your livestreams? Consider using a trivia game to host a live round of gaming.
TALK ABOUT A NEW STRATEGY, APPROACH OR PRODUCT YOU’RE TESTING/TRIALING
People want to hear about what’s new for you, too. What is a new project you’re trying or testing? Give us the details!
There you have it. Twenty-eight ideas of livestreams to help your wheels to start turning. Livestreams don’t always need to be a “Me Show”. They’re often a hugely valuable tool to help your audience see that you are likable and trustworthy.
Now, go livestream!
By the way, if you’re looking for a Livestream Content Calendar to follow and use to create your own consistent strategy, check out my Livestream 365 Planning System here.
This product is for you, if you want to:
- CONFIDENTLY hit that blinking red button and “Go Live” whenever you have a new offer or service you want to fill up
- Know EXACTLY what to say and how to say it to get your audience salivating over your offer when you hit that “Broadcast” button
- EASILY launch a new passive income stream when your kids’ private school tuition bill comes due – without any mad hustle or long hours!
- Stop blasting your value statement out in all of the FB groups and actually FEEL valuable.
- No more posting the same stock images everyone else is using and expecting it to grow your business.
- Get to CELEBRATE your massive success by ditching your laptop to spend an afternoon browsing the racks of your favorite boutique (Starbucks Latte in hand!) with complete confidence that your replay content is converting leads so Cha-CHINGs while you’re out having fun.
- You may have been struggling with your income, client consistency in your business or depending on unreliable word of mouth and personal referrals (of not so ideal clients) to grow your business… until now.